KeiS a medical professional

This is a blog about the scientific basis of medicine. A judo therapist reads research papers for study and writes about them.

sponsorlink

On the closed part of the art industry

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

study

Closed industry

I have been learning to play an instrument since I was five years old, and have been doing so for 23 years.During those 23 years, I have worked in the music industry and tried my hand at recitals.

I would like to talk about what I felt was a "closed" world.

Why do I want to talk about this?

In Japan, there has been a trend in the ballet industry to talk about closure.

The reason why this story became a trend is because Keiko Matsuura, a comedian, held a ballet workshop and it caught fire.

The reason for the conflagration was that even though she was an experienced ballet dancer, she was not a ballet instructor, which raised questions about unsuitable people teaching ballet.This topic was on the agenda of many ballet dancers, and many people commented on the Internet, some defending him, others criticizing him.

This topic was not settled, but I thought that this kind of closed tendency is not only in ballet, but also in the music industry.

The closed-mindedness of the music industry, I felt, is that people who have not studied music properly are not allowed to perform, teach, or talk about classical music.

First of all, when it comes to performance, we are taught that the performer must have a proper understanding of the composer and the piece, and must be able to take in the many intentions of the piece.

In addition, it is said, and I believe many people believe, that only those who can express themselves correctly should teach these pieces.

I agree with this, and I have no objection to it.

The reason for this is that I was composing a song and I thought the same thing.

Maybe it is because I have been studying classical music for a long time that I have developed this way of thinking, but I am sure that some people can relate to this feeling.In this opinion alone, it may seem that I am embracing the closed-mindedness I mentioned above, but I don't consider this to be closed-mindedness.

Music can be listened to and played easily, but for those who dedicate their lives to music, I believe that learning about the expression and history of music is one of the factors that make them enthusiastic about it.

I think the reason this is a problem is that many people in the industry lack the tolerance to accept others.I'm not saying that everyone should not perform or teach unless they learn to do so properly, and isn't the same true for other arts?

When it comes to spreading culture, I think it is important to convey that it is easy and casual to enjoy, so sometimes the way we express ourselves may take an unexpected turn.

However, I also understand the idea that spreading the word in the wrong way can lead to misunderstanding, but not everyone can understand everything with the same interpretation.Each person enjoys art in his or her own way of feeling and thinking, so I think it is not desirable to force or criticize others on how to spread and enjoy art.

I don't understand why the ballet performer Keiko Matsuura is getting flamed this time.Are people who take pride in correct teaching so narrow-minded that they criticize others?

QooQ